Monday 5 October 2009

Glossy Ibis





I finally called into the Oddie hide at Druridge Pools on Sunday 3rd to see if I could get the ibis which has been around for a week or so now. After getting my camera set up and car locked I headed for the Oddie hide passing an old chap on the way who informed me that the ibis was 20 feet from the hides windows so quickly making my way up the hide.

I arrived to find John Malloy happily firing shot after shot of the bird just on the waters edge feeding on fish fry and flies. I very quickly settled down and started firing off a few shots of my own.

After half an hour or so the Ibis took off and headed into the top corner of the lake where it began feeding around the pipe. Soon the hide was full of photographers who had heard the Ibis was in front of the hide in a great position unfortunately (for them) they were just too late to see it close to the hide, I stayed for another half an hour but the Ibis never showed any signs of returning so we headed off back home to process my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment