Wednesday 29 December 2010

Bolam then back to Blyth


I headed across to Bolam lake today with my good friend Keith Reeder.

The weather was horrible with low light and lots of fog but we stuck it out and actually enjoyed our day out even though my photographs were far from any good!

Here's the best of a bad bunch, all high ISO and slow shutter speads (I think the lowest ISO I managed today was 1000.).





After this we headed across to Bates pit at Blyth to have another go at the Fieldfare. The numbers were down a little today but there are still plenty of them about to get shots at however due to poor weather and several dog walkers we just didn't manage any decent pics again. I did however get my first half decent woodcock image as this bird was flushed by Keith nearly giving him heart failure as he nearly stood on it before it moved!


around the pools I spotted two water rail which were great to see although again I couldn't get any pics of them apart from this well hidden view of one below :-


No comments:

Post a Comment