Tuesday 3 May 2011

May day, May day!

Our first day out in a while began at QEII park with this gorgeous Whooper swan


Then we quickly headed up to Cresswell to see the Avocets which have now built a nest on the sand bar, the most northerly nesting in the UK as far as I know.

If anyone knows any better please feel free to educate me :-)


After the avocets I found this Gropper in the dunes near the car park.



From Cresswell we headed to Druridge with nothing much of interest.

 



then onto Hauxley where I found this large colony of sand martins nesting in the edges of the dunes. Hundreds of the little buggers too! Incredibly difficult to photograph so here's a few of my better rubbish images.





 
after Druridge we headed out on the RSPB cruise from Amble with very little of interest except a few puffins, terns and seals.


Hopefully my next outing wont be too long away this time round, I'm planning a trip to see if the spot fly's have returned to the neting site which I found last year so will hopefully have some more images to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment