Sunday 14 February 2010


I've managed a few trips out this weekend and enjoyed some nice weather too for a change. Saturday I had a wander down the Blyth estuary where I found the usual waders Curlew, Redshank, Dunlin and Knot along with Lapwings, Swans, Teal, Mallard, Goldeneye and Turnstone.

My favourite group from Saturday has to be the 8 Bar-tailed Godwits that were sifting through the mud for food along with several gulls and curlew.

Here's a pic of 6 of them below :-


Not much else to mention except Sunday I headed to Killingworth Lake which was alot quieter than the past few times i've been there but still decent numbers of Tufted ducks and Coot along with lots of geese, swans and not forgetting the hundreds of gulls! The grass is almost totally gone beside the car park now just a field of mud and bird droppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment