Saturday 27 February 2010

WAXWINGS

Woke up this morning to yuk weather yet again another crappy weekend without being able to do much photography.

Went downstairs for a cuppa then opened the blinds in my conservatory to find these :-


in the trees at the bottom of my garden were a pair of stunning waxwings so I headed back up stairs to grab the camera so I could get a couple of pics only to find on my return that there were now



on my bird table roof eating the apples I put out for the fieldfares a couple of weeks ago! So a crappy dull wet day turned out to be a fab morning of waxwing watching and I really enjoyed myself sitting watching them fighting over the apples.

After a couple of hours on the apples they headed off into Blyth Crematorium grounds so with a bit of luck i'm looking forward to opening the blinds again tomorrow to see if they have returned for some more apples.

(sorry for the poor pics but weather crap and through the glass windows of the conservatory.).

Here's a couple from last week of Goldeneye taken behind the old heliport on the river Blyth.



again poor weather resulted in poor quality pics

hope you like them?

3 comments:

  1. Now thats birding at its best, open the blinds and there it is in front of you. I think you might find a few of yer birding mates calling round for coffee. Sometimes you take whats there with images. I know theres a lot of "record" shots but what the heck, you got them in YOUR garden and do have a record of it. Keep up the blog, i enjoy your posts.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys no sign of them today but its been busy on my feeders with blue tits, gold finch, a robin, doves, blackbirds, thrushes and wren all popping in for lunch today so not too bad a day.

    ReplyDelete